FAQQuestions and Answers


Common Queries and Questions


  • How do I apply? +

    You need to fill up an application form in order to apply. Application forms are available only in our office. You need to come in person to our office.

    Get Directions

  • Can I apply online? +

    No. You cannot apply online since our application forms are handed out only in our office. You need to come in person in our office.

    Get Directions

  • If I apply, does it guarantee me a seat? +

    No. It will not guarantee you a seat once you apply. We process all applications based on the criteria given by the government. Each training program has a certain number of seats available. Whoever best fit for the training based on the criteria will be selected.
  • How long is the processing of my application ? +

    Processing of applications varies per person and is subject to completion of necessary requirements have been submitted fully.

    Read More

  • Can I apply in the program even if I do not live in Calgary? +

    No. However, you need to be a resident of Calgary in order to apply to our the training programs.
  • I am currently working. Should I quit my job so I can be eligible for the training? +

    NO. You should not quit your job. Our intake facilitators will advise you for the necessary actions once selected for the training.
  • How long is the training program? +

    Each training program varies. Please see the link for more information about each training program.

    Programs Timelines

  • Can I apply for the program if I only have a student visa here in Canada? +

    No. We only accept clients who are Permanent Residents and New Canadians.
  • What are the criteria for selection in your training program? +

    Each training program has its own criteria for selection.

    Read More

  • Is there any age requirement in order to apply for the program? +

    No, there is no age requirement. However, there are physical and medical tests done prior to employment to some companies.
  • Can a convention refugee or temporary foreign worker apply for the program? +

    Convention refugee can apply but will need to submit the court decision and will need to secure a study permit from the government. Temporary foreign workers are not eligible to apply for government funded training programs.
  • Can I apply for the program if I am a sponsored immigrant? +

    Yes, you can apply.
  • 1